External link open inside the App, not in web browser

1. 2 years ago

Hi Admin,
    I create Ebook on my website and convert it to APK.

When I click an external link, it open inside the App.
    To close the external link, the only way is to use the back button of the smartphone.

When I get back to the App, the app loading from the beginning,
    so I need to manually flip/scroll the ebook to the last page that I read.
    There are so many external links on my ebook, so it becomes so annoying to always get back to the beginning of the page.

Can I open the external link, on other web browsers?

Appreciate your feedback as soon as possible.

Thank you

2. admin

15 Jul 2021 Administrator

You can use HTML LocalStorage / Cookies to save last page and re-open it automatically, it can be an another way around. However, it will open to the same last page if you just open the minimized app and not restart it.

3. Hi admin,
    thank you for your feedback.

As additional information, when I click the link, it opens a PDF document (google drive) inside the app.
    The App is still active, not minimized.
    To close the PDF document, the only way is to use the back button of the smartphone,
    and then the app loading from the beginning of the page, not the last page I've just opened.
    so I need to manually flip/scroll the ebook to the last page that I read.

For your information, I'm not a developer, so I don't know Html coding, and I don't know how to use HTML local storage/cookies.

Is there any way to solve the issue by changing the setting/parameter in your application?
    Maybe before converting the web to APK, is there any setting/parameter that can be adjusted?

Thank you

or Sign Up to reply!