Website2APK & Android TV Compatibility

1. 3 years ago

Are the apps the Website2apk creates fine to run on an AndroidTV environment?

2. admin

21 Jun 2020 Administrator

@TFH Yet we haven't not tested it specifically for Android TVs. But we will be soon testing and posting the results, if required, we will make the related changes and make this feature available with upcoming versions.

3. @admin OK, thanks for the information. We will wait for future updates.
    For your info: I did a manual install on my TV and it seems to work OK.

4. 11 months ago

Almost 3 years later. Do you have an update on this subject?

5. It depends on the type of app being created by Website2APK.

If the app being created is a standard Android app with a graphical user interface (GUI) designed for phones or tablets, it may not be fully optimized or compatible for use on an Android TV environment.

However, if the website being converted is designed with responsive web design principles and the resulting app is a Progressive Web App (PWA), it may work well on Android TV, as PWAs are designed to work across multiple platforms and screen sizes.

It's important to keep in mind that some Android TV devices may have limited processing power or different screen resolutions compared to phones or tablets, so it's important to test the app on an Android TV device before publishing it to ensure that it works properly and provides a good user experience.

6. 2 weeks ago

Anyone know if there are certain things types of content or website behavior like redirects that might not work correctly on Android TV?

Or should I treat it as, if it works in a Chrome browser it will work on Android TV too?

or Sign Up to reply!